The multifunctional RD8000 range are Radiodetection’s most advanced pipe and cable locators, offering a wide choice of locate functions and advanced connectivity options. The RD8000 improves on speed, accuracy and reliability yet remains a cost-effective solution for any application delivering unique user features. Designed with the latest digital software, RD8000 delivers a highly controllable and reliable locate solution to service any industry, anywhere in the world.
• Light weight – at only 1.9 kg, the RD8000 range is comfortable to use for extended periods
• IP54 Rating – you can operate it in almost any environment
• Transmitter and locator feature a large, high contrast backlit LCD screen.
• Combination of new and innovative algorithms with established software on a high-performance processor core
• Improves the accuracy and repeatability of measurements
• Delivers powerful signal filtering and analysis allowing continued operation even in the most electrically noisy environments.
For more information on CentrosTM click here
• iLOC™ is an advanced Bluetooth® link between the RD8000 locator and transmitter
• iLOC allows the operator to control the transmitter remotely
• Less time walking and more time locating.
• Gives the operator the tools to pass survey information to third-party applications for audit, analysis and reporting
• 1000 locate records can be stored and reviewed
• Upload this information to PDA or PC using RD8000 Bluetooth connection.
• A Radiodetection technique that allows the operator to validate the original factory calibration of the RD8000
• eCAL can issue and print validation certificate without needing to return the RD8000 to a service center.
For more information on eCALTM click here
• Depth readings are only indicated when the locator is correctly oriented above the pipe cable.
Based on a fully digital platform, the Tx family of Radiodetection transmitters supports the entire range of RD8000 cable and pipe locators.
The Tx-1 is an easy to use, entry-level, transmitter. The Tx-3 offers higher current and induction capabilities, and features 8kHz Fault Find (8KFF) functionality. The Tx-10 has the highest current capability with 8kHz Fault Find (8KFF) and Current Direction (CD) functions as standard.
All models feature a three-stage phase sensitive amplifier that delivers a constant current across its entire bandwidth in direct connect, clamp or inductive modes. The Tx range is designed to deliver superior performance using minimal power consumption in a light weight and well-balanced, format.
Rechargeable battery packs for Locators and Transmitters
RD8000 User Guide Click here
- Available for Precision Cable and Pipe Locators and the Tx Transmitter range.
- Offer increased flexibility.
- Provide improved cost-of-ownership.
- Deliver excellent run-time and superior cold-weather performance by comparison to standard alkaline batteries.
- Can be charged from empty in just three hours from the supplied mains chargers.
- No need for operators to replace, manage and recycle alkaline battery cells, reducing the associated costs, workload and environmental burden.
- Locator rechargeable battery packs are supplied with a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) as standard. An automotive charger (12V to 24V DC) is also available for use on the move.
- Transmitter rechargeable packs are available in kits that include the rechargeable battery pack, a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) and an automotive charger (12V to 24V DC).
- Individual chargers and battery packs are also available as separate parts for both locators and transmitters.
For more information about the RD8000 accessories range click here
Radiodetection offers a comprehensive range of accessories to add extra functionalities and to extend the range of the RD8000 cable locator systems.
RD8000 Network Rail Certificate of Acceptance click here