RD8200 Cable and Pipe Locators
Precision Locator Range
Damage prevention and operational efficiency are the biggest challenges facing our customers
Solve these problems with the new RD8200®. Designed with the operator in mind, it is our most advanced and capable range of precision locators.
Speed, accuracy and reliable performance
- Easy to setup and use
- Sun light readable display, high performance audio system and vibration alerts for noisy environments
- Sensitive and accurate signal processing for reliable results
Adaptable in challenging environments
- Ideal for congested underground infrastructures
- Rejects strong interfering signals
- Identify target power cable in the presence of many
Technology driven best on-site practise
- Encourage correct locator handling for improved detection
- Monitor field operations through the automatic usage logging feature
- Proof of work to differentiate your operations from your competition and add value to your clients
Ergonomic design, premium quality
- Rugged yet light weight and ergonomic
- Designed and built to the highest standards in Great Britain
- Self Test for confidence and trust in your locator measurements
Industrial grade display, for outdoor usage
RD8200 locators and transmitters use transflective low power LCD technology that uses ambient light to improve screen readability in direct sun light and extend battery life.
TruDepth™ and current readout, for extra assurance
Radiodetection’s TruDepth displays precise depth and current measurements, only when the RD8200 is correctly oriented above the target. Measurement consistency gives high confidence that the correct line is being followed.
High performance audio and vibration alerts, for noisy environments
The RD8200 waterproof speaker housing has been tuned to provide optimum resonance for your choice of high or low frequency tones.
5 power output audio levels and vibration alerts, assist technicians working in challenging situations.
Current Direction, track the right line
Identify your target amongst a number of parallel utilities by applying a specialized CD signal from a Tx-10 transmitter. CD arrows displayed on the locator confirm you are tracing your target line.
Power Filters™, works where other locators wont
When a transmitter can’t be connected, tracing individual power lines through dense networks can be a real challenge. Conflicting or powerful signals confuse or combine to create a wash of signal.
A single key press enables the use of the harmonic properties of power signals to establish if a signal comes from one source, or from multiple cables which you can then trace and mark.
Dynamic Overload Protection, rejects unwanted interference
Automatically filters out interference, enabling use in electrically noisy environments such as near substations or overhead power lines.
Swing Warning System, drives correct usage
Locators must be kept perpendicular to the ground for best accuracy. RD8200 locators have a built-in gyroscopic measurement system which alerts the user of excessive swing, driving correct usage.
Usage-logging with GPS positioning, understand how your technicians operate
The RD8200G locator automatically stores all locate parameters providing a comprehensive picture of field operations.
Supervisors or health and safety personnel can analyze the data to assess usage patterns in order to ensure adherence to best-practice and to identify training needs before poor work habits develop.
The information can also be shared with partners or clients to evidence task completion or compliance to service requirements.
Usage data can be exported in multiple file formats – for example KML for Google Maps to confirm where and when work was performed.
Vibration feedback, reduces the chance of missed warnings
The RD8200 locator handle vibrates when alerts activate, leaving the operator to concentrate on the job at hand.
Made in the UK – No compromise on quality
The RD8200 locator and transmitters are designed and manufactured in the Great Britain and are subjected to a rigorous test regime before leaving our factory.
Locate with confidence - Self-test
Confirm the integrity of the measurement system on- site. Self-test applies signals to the locating circuitry as well as checking display and power functions.
Use it all day, day after day -Light weight and ergonomic
The RD8200 has been design around the operator needs. The iconic industrial design provides an exceptionally well balanced, and light weight tool which is comfortable for extended periods of use.
RDMap™+, for easy and cm accurate utility mapping
Add positional data to your survey measurements with the integrated GNSS option, and use RD MAP+ to create in real time*, detailed maps of buried utilities.
Combine with a high accuracy external positioning device, such as the Trimble Catalyst RTK solution, to create high accuracy utility maps**.
*Requires data connectivity and Google Maps.
**Trimble Catalyst and RTK correction subscription required for high accuracy.
Custom frequencies, for matching your RD8200 to a specific telecom network
Up to 5 additional frequencies can be programmed into your locator to match it to the signals found on your target networks.
Dual Bluetooth connectivity, ready for a connected world
The RD8200 locator provides a dual Bluetooth system, which combines long range iLOC functionality and low power connectivity to deliver a system ready to connect to cloud based data solutions.
- RD8200 Cable and Pipe Locator - Brochure - V5 (3.9MB)
- RD8200 and RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locators - Family Brochure - V2 (2.6MB)
- RD8200 and RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locators - Comparison Brochure - V2 (359.8KB)
- Precision Locators Accessories - Brochure - V4 (1.6MB)
- RD8200 Cable and Pipe Locator - User Guide - Americas - V3 (6MB)
- RD8200 Cable and Pipe Locator - Technical Specification - V5 (772.3KB)
- Tx Transmitter - Technical Specification - V1 (348.1KB)
- RD8200 Cable and Pipe Locator - Operation Manual - V6 (4.5MB)