RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locator
Precision Locator Range
Locating and marking buried utilities quickly, accurately and safely.
The new RD7200 is a no compromise all-industry locator, designed for accurate and effective every day use
Multi-function multi-industry accurate locating
- Compass Orientation
- Power filters
- Utility specific frequencies
Speed, accuracy and reliable performance
- Easy to setup and use
- Sun light readable display, high performance audio system and vibration alerts for noisy environments
- Sensitive and accurate signal processing for reliable results
Protecting technicians and infrastructures
- Encourage correct locator handling for improved detection
- Strike Alert, warns of the presence of shallow cables
- Vibration handle, never miss a warning
Ergonomic design, premium quality
- Rugged yet light weight and ergonomic
- Designed and built to the highest standards in Great Britain
- Self Test for confidence and trust in your locator measurements
Industrial grade display, for outdoor usage
RD7200 locators and transmitters use transflective low power LCD technology that uses ambient light to improve screen readability in direct sun light and extend battery life.
TruDepth™ and current readout, for extra assurance
Radiodetection’s TruDepth displays precise depth and current measurements, only when the RD7200 is correctly oriented above the target. Measurement consistency gives high confidence that the correct line is being followed.
High performance audio and vibration alerts, for noisy environments
The RD7200 waterproof speaker housing has been tuned to provide optimum resonance for your choice of high or low frequency tones.
5 power output audio levels and vibration alerts, assist technicians working in challenging situations.
Accurate and simple to use, the RD7200 comes with eight active and three passive frequencies that cover the majority of site locating tasks. A rugged, IP65 rated casing along with a high contrast screen make it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
In complex power environments, with multiple signals from high voltage equipment and cables, Radiodetection’s Dynamic Overload Protection reduces the effect of interference and Power Filters can be used to trace a single target line amongst multiple cables.
Water and Pipeline:
A wide choice of active frequencies allow conductive pipes to be traced for long distances.
Where sondes or cameras are used to survey pipes made from a variety of materials (including cast iron, clay, fiber, concrete and brick) the four RD7200 sonde frequencies are ideal for quickly locating and tracing their position.
Pipes with Cathodic Protection System can be followed using the CPS passive mode. CPS compass mode ensures alignment with the target pipeline.
TheRD7200 features higher frequencies to locate high impedance lines and sonde frequencies for duct and conduit tracing. Higher frequencies can also be used to trace sheathed domestic cables without grounding connections.
Cable sheath faults can be located to within 4” (10cm) using 8kHz Fault Find mode with a Radiodetection A-Frame.
Swing Warning System, drives correct usage
Locators must be kept perpendicular to the ground for best accuracy. RD7200 locators have a built-in gyroscopic measurement system which alerts the user of excessive swing, driving correct usage.
StrikeAlert™ in active and passive locating modes
Visual and audio warnings of shallow cables reduces the risk of accidents.
Vibration feedback, reduces the chance of missed warnings
The RD7200 locator handle vibrates when alerts activate, leaving the operator to concentrate on the job at hand.
Made in the UK - No compromise on quality
The RD7200 locator and transmitters are designed and manufactured in Great Britain and are subjected to a rigorous test regime before leaving our factory.
Use it all day, day after day - light weight and ergonomic
The RD7200 has been designed around the operator's needs. The iconic industrial design provides an exceptionally well balanced, and light weight tool which is comfortable for extended periods of use
Self-test - operator confidence on-site
The integrity of the measurement system can be confirmed on-site. Self-test applies signals to the locating circuitry as well as checking display and power functions.
Knowledge base and Technical support, when you need it
RD7200 offers a comprehensive knowledge base library which is available to consult online from a mobile device or pc. Find an answer to or ask technical questions 24/7 by using Radiodetection's support portal.
- RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locator - Brochure - V2 (3.9MB)
- RD8200 and RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locators - Family Brochure - V1 (4.1MB)
- RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locators - User Guide - V2 (3.3MB)
- Precision Locator Accessories - Brochure - V2 (1.5MB)
- RD8200 and RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locators - Comparison Brochure - V2 (359.8KB)
- RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locator - Technical Specification - V5 (667.8KB)
- Tx Transmitter - Technical Specification - V1 (348.1KB)
- RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locator - Operation Manual - V5 (3.9MB)