Products to Locate, Track and Map buried assets
Radiodetection’s new ranges of precision cable, pipe and radio frequency marker locators build on the high-performance and advanced features of the existing RD7100 and RD8100 platforms. They add the ability to detect RF utility markers, also known as EMS or Omnimarkers.
The new RF marker locator ranges deliver surveys with a combination of speed, accuracy and convenience unmatched by any others’ solutions:
All the RF locators offer both an automatic marker depth measurement system, which eliminates the need for a 2 step manual process, and also a combined utility- and marker-locating mode.
Creating and sharing detailed maps, with utilities marked using APWA color coding, is a simple task thanks to internal or external GPS options and Bluetooth connectivity to the new RD Map™ app for Android devices*. Using RD Map, operators can easily create maps in real-time*. At the end of a survey, maps can be easily shared from the app using e-mail or any other compatible messaging system.*
* Requires Android 5.1 or higher, data connectivity and Google Maps. Maps can be exported as CSV or KML files.
The optional internal GPS feature of the RD8100 range allows locate professionals to add positional data to survey measurements without the need to carry any additional equipment. Detailed maps can then be created at a later time, using RD Map or RD Manager (using a USB connection).
The new ranges of locators offer a number of features to easily identify target utilities and to track them with confidence:
- Guidance Mode: Displays directional information alongside depth and current information to help both find the utility and ensure the correct target is being traced.
- Peak+ Mode: Combines the accuracy of Peak locating with the rapid ground coverage of Guidance Mode. A single key press lets you check for distortion by comparing Null with Peak.
- Power Filters™: Power industry models, (PLM and RD8100 models) exploit the harmonic properties of power signals to identify the presence of multiple cables and distinguish between them.
- Customized Frequencies: Up to five additional frequencies can be programmed by the user to customise the RD8100 models to specific networks.
- 4 kHz locating with Current Direction, (CD): Enables mid-range tracing of high impedance lines such as twisted pair telecom lines or street lighting power cables (PDLM and PTLM models). Used in conjunction with CD, operators can be sure they are staying on the correct utility.
The automatic data logging on selected models provides operators with usage monitoring, enabling proof of work and improvement of best practice. Every second, key locator parameters are saved into the unit’s non-removable internal memory for later retrieval and analysis using the USB connection and RD Manager. GPS models further add the benefit of positional data, enhancing the value of survey data.
Minimal training will be required by those already familiar with Radiodetection’s premier RD8100 and RD7100 Precision Locators, and a three year warranty is also available through product registration at no extra charge to provide additional peace of mind.
About Radiodetection Ltd.
Radiodetection is a leading global developer and supplier of equipment used by utility companies and excavators to accurately locate and avoid damage to buried infrastructure networks. Radiodetection is part of SPX Corporation.
About SPX Corporation
SPX Corporation is a supplier of highly engineered products and technologies, holding leadership positions in the HVAC, detection and measurement, and engineered solutions markets. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation had approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue in 2018 and approximately 4,000 employees in about 17 countries. SPX Corporation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “SPXC.” For more information, please visit www.spx.com